Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's His "Thing"

Okay, so it would appear that Sen. Allen brought his ball to his concession speech today. Well, because I can afford to be generous on this wondrous morning, I'm going to try and look at the defeated incumbent's gesture as if it's not as pathetic and infantile as it seems. After all, I guess there's a very, very small part of me that thinks maybe the guy should be commended for committing to a lame-ass bit for as long as he has. I mean, maybe expecting George Allen to appear in public without his little football would be like, oh I don't know, asking Gallagher to go out on stage without his watermelons and sledgehammer, or Carrot Top to dye his hair blue and be funny.

*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****

Please, oh please let this mean that Sen. Allen is symbolically dumping the crappy football shtick and not just passing the sickness on to the next generation.

No comments: