Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sorry, New Mexico, But I'm Not Enchanted

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson announced the final recommended design for his state's commemorative quarter today and I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. I mean, why would they go with a map of the state, a zia symbol and the words "Land of Enchantment" awkwardly squeezed in at the bottom...


... when they could have gone with this beauty?

I mean, what says "I love my state" better than a mushroom cloud and a bomb packing the destructive force of 21,000 tons of TNT? Land of Enchantment? Please. Try Land of Missed Opportunities.

2 comments:

Mamamurphy said...

I grew up in New Mexico, and I've gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with that design myself. I mean, they could have at LEAST put a chile pepper and a taco on there, for goodness sake. And not just because that would be a funny lil' perverse double entendre.

doctor chip said...

now, THAT I like!

one question, though?

would that be
Fat Man or Little Boy?

"kzxmi"

B-|

-------