Sunday, August 14, 2005

Don't Look At This As A Failure, PETA...

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is supposedly reconsidering its campaign that compares present-day abuse of animals to the treatment of blacks during the slavery era. This comes after the animal rights group had to apologize this year for running a campaign comparing the treatment of factory animals to the suffering of Jews during the Holocaust.

Well, I say you hang in there, PETA. Don't let the bastards get you down. Just because slavery and the Holocaust have been taken away from you doesn't mean you have to sit on your hands. There are still plenty of examples of human tragedy out there practically begging you to shamelessly and tastelessly exploit them. Heck, just off the top of my head I can think of the Armenian Massacre of 1915, the 1918 Influenza Pandemic, the Cambodian genocide of the late 70's, the '84-'85 Ethiopian famine... See? That's four right off the top of my head and I barely broke a sweat.

So I implore you PETA -- think big. Open yourselves to all the possibilities and stretch. If you really put your minds to it, I'm sure you can do much, much worse.

No comments: