Saturday, August 20, 2005

It's Not The Disappearing And Never Being Seen Again Part That Mystifies Me

Don't get me wrong. I think it's absolutely fantastic that there may be a break in the 75-year-old Judge Crater case. Maybe now we can all get some well-deserved closure on this one. Speaking for myself, it'll feel great to finally wake up in the morning and not have to go straight out to the front lawn and update the number on my "Day 27,409: Where's Judge Crater?" sign. Plus, if I'm being totally honest, the search party thing has become kind of a drag. I mean, I met a lot of nice people over the years and I'm not saying I ever stopped wanting to find Judge Crater. It's just that, well, I kind of wouldn't mind getting my social life back.

In any case, it's definitely satisfying that we may now know what happened to Judge Crater after he was last spotted at a New York City steakhouse on the evening of Aug. 6, 1930. But I have to admit, with the story back in the news again, it's created an entirely new mystery for me. Now what I'd like to know is...



... is this what a 41-year-old guy looked like in 1930? Because I'm 43 and suddenly I'm kind of feeling a lot better about myself. Goiter or no goiter.

No comments: