Saturday, August 06, 2005

Snuppy

I read that South Korean scientists have cloned a dog they're calling "Snuppy". Big deal. I'm not saying it was an easy feat to pull off. I'm sure they had to read a lot of thick books and make a lot of calculations. I'm just saying it opens up a huge can of worms.

Here's what I mean. Let's say we come home and find that Snuppy has piddled on the carpet. Are we not supposed to get mad at him just because he looks up at us with those big, drippy "I'm just a clone" eyes? Or how about when he gets scared during a thunderstorm and jumps through a plate-glass window -- are we not supposed to punish him or send him to his cage when he cocks his head and gives us that "Sorry, sir, but I'm not genetically encoded to deal with loud noises" look?

I hate Snuppy already.

No comments: