Thursday, May 11, 2006

What Does a Rotting Democracy Smell Like?

Below are some shots taken during and after the White House news conference this morning, which was scheduled to allow the President to respond to a report in this morning's USA Today that claims the National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone records of tens of millions of domestic phone calls. If I've placed them in correct chronological order -- and I think I have -- tell me they don't tell the story of a guy who just left the political equivalent of a flaming bag of something smelly behind him in the Diplomatic Reception Room at the White House and he's pretty sure he got away with it.


*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****

Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, looks like I got the second one out of order -- POTUS is actually arriving, not departing. But you get the idea.

No comments: