Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Ears Hurt and I Feel Like Throwing Up

Okay, let's say you're U.S. Rep. Pete King, the congressman who has represented New York's 5th District since 1992. Are you angrier that...

A) ... the caption accompanying this A.P. photo taken today at the Congressional Picnic reads "President Bush and first lady Laura Bush pose for photos with unidentified guests"?


Or...

B) ... that you had a perfectly pleasant afternoon on the South Lawn of the White House ruined by a band called "The Second Amendments" featuring Rep. Collin Peterson and Rep. Thaddeus McCotter on guitar, Rep. Kenny Hulshof on drums, Rep. Jon Porter on keyboards, Rockin' Rep. Dave Weldon on bass... and of course, unindentified woman on tambourine.


Personally, I'd gladly surrender my Second Amendment rights if it meant this bunch never appeared together again. Of course, I haven't actually heard them play. But even the pictures don't sound good.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands, (which you would have to do to put the gun in evidence after the secret service shot me for spraying bullets on to the stage to prevent an encore from "The Compassionates.")